Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whew

Whew. It's been a busy holiday season. We had Thanksgiving here at our house. Paint ball, turkey, pumpkin cheesecake,.....

Then it seemed like we had Cub Scouts every night in December. We went to "Ice Skating In The Square" in Durant!! Wow, ice skating for a bunch of southern boys. It was so warm the kids didn't even wear jackets. We cleaned and decorated our little church. We had dinner with friends on Dec 23rd. Mass was beautiful. John however was on the verge of getting sick. Christmas was great except for the puking bug we got. Poor Philip had it the longest. I'll spare you the details.

Things are finally slowing down. I have my camera back and I'm going to try to post more. We've had several "end-of-year-get-that-last-tax-deduction-expense-in" construction projects going on. I'll post pictures. We finally got concrete under our car port. It's so great!! The boys have been riding, skating, scooting, even running in big circles. We are also building a pond on the Rosie Place. This is the pasture south of our house. We call it The Rosie Place because a lady named Rosie used to own it.

We have a lead on a pasture lease. More details as they become available!

Our next big thing is our annual Pasole Party plus Paintball. Andrew's cousin and his wife and kids come and we eat pasole! Lisa makes great pasole.

Here's what John did today. It was good for 30 minutes of free time for me. On the flip side it cost me 20 minutes in bathing, diapering and dressing time. But I don't mind. He really enjoyed his first helping of spaghetti!




He was so happy to have something that he could put in his mouth and chew on without having it yanked out by a gasping, scared mother.
Oh, and he's finally crawling. It took no shirt and a cold floor to get him to stop belly-scooting.
Happy New Year.


1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

What a precious photo! Too, too cute! It sounds like you had a great Christmas season (of course, not counting the tummy bugs) I'll keep you guys in my prayers regarding the lease. Happy New Year!