Thursday, May 7, 2009

Small Successes

Small Successes #1


FaithButton

1) I served 3 vegetables with dinner last night; Baby carrots, sugar snap peas and broccoli.

2) I fast-walked to the barn twice carrying John and urging James to run.

3) We're making headway on "adding 9" in our math program. And we've only lost one counting block in 3 months of owning 150 small pieces.

What are your small successes?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have seen the Small Successes before and have never gotten around to doing one myself!

How does the adding nine in your math program work? When I taught 3rd grade, we would chant, "Add ten, take away one," when adding nine to a number... a mental trick since it is easier to add ten to any number than nine. I found it to be a useful tip myself - I'd never pictured it that way before.