We're still home and loving it. James is a totally different person. I don't think I really understood what James was going through at school until I saw how he is when he's not at school. Summer is a whole different ball game from homeschooling. I didn't expect much during summer and didn't get much either. I'm going to have to change that. Nowadays we're working at reading, talking, helping, answering questions,.... The list goes on and on.
I've been a little amazed at James' affection and attachment to me these last few days. He's just beside himself with joy over the attention. It makes me wonder at how he's been feeling. He could speak so little when we sent him to pre-k. I think school was good for him in some ways but now it's time to try things a different way. Anyway, I had to take Thomas to the ER last night because he's having a hard time with his asthma. That's a story for another post. James had a breakdown because I was leaving him. It was not the "I want to go with you and I'm not getting my way" type of fit. It was the "I love Mommy and I want to be with her" type of distress. It perplexed Andrew a bit too. Especially since he's about to be 7. He's acting more like he's 5 in several ways right now.
We are adjusting our lives around James being home all day. This is so the right decision for us. Philip is loving having James around. I keep finding them huddled over a book together. Andrew just read James a bedtime story, James then read it to himself and then to me. By the time he was almost finished he said that his "mouth was old." So I read a few pages. Then he jumped back in. Reading out loud at 8:30pm was unheard of in our house two weeks ago. Now he's sound asleep.
Pray that Thomas has a good day tomorrow. He's not going to school again. He got a big dose of injected steroids for his asthma and coughing. The side effects of steroids are moodiness, stress, rage, anger, crying, hunger.... I hope this fixes the problem. Poor guy, he can't have any milk since he's on a strong antibiotic too. We don't want his sinus infection to settle into his lungs. How many chest x-rays is this kid going to have? I'm so frustrated and don't feel like a great mother. I've been doing what the specialist says to do. We have an asthma plan. But the local doctors all seem to have issues. The PA we saw today told me he wasn't comfortable treating Thomas because of the high dose of oral steroids he was on from the pulmonary dr. I asked him who he was going to talk to about that. Uhg. Then he consulted and gave the injection of steroid like he did last time we were sick and the oral steroids didn't work. But the pulmonary dr doesn't like injected steroids. I feel like I want to call and IEP with the doctors. But I'll call it an IHP (Individual Health Plan) and everyone needs to sign off on it and follow the plan. I really need to do something to get this organized. Things have been hard for us since our Ped left the practice and now we can and do see anyone. I need one dr. who will work with our specialist and us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad the homeschooling is going well! I have thought of you often and have been praying for you. I will also keep Thomas in my prayers with his asthma. Keep in touch!
I'm so glad things are going well! That's awesome!
Maria had to unlearn some things too. I often heard "Mrs. Lewis doesn't do it that way!" our first few months, lol...
Post a Comment