We had Adoration after Mass tonight. My friend set up a back room with beautiful flowers and candles. (I need to tell her how beautiful it was.) It was quiet and peaceful. I took James in and asked him to tell Jesus that he loved him and then to listen to what Jesus would say to him. He went in, genuflected and knelt down. Then he stayed and stayed. When he came out his face was a beautiful pink. He was glowing and smiling. He was happy and it didn't have anything to do with toys, tv or getting something he wanted. I asked him if he liked Adoration and he said, "Yes."
This brings tears to my eyes right now.
With James I never know how much he really understands about what we're teaching him about his faith. He can't articulate his thoughts that well. I'm challenged to make so many things make sense to him. Sometimes, in our religion the concepts are not concrete. I can explain "up, down, left, right,...." but it's harder to explain "You're made in the image of God. or Jesus died for our sins." Well things were concrete tonight for him. We don't need mastery of words or concepts to speak and listen to Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, what a sweetie...this is very sweet. :)
Post a Comment