Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh so sweet

Spring was never my favorite time of the year until we started ranching. I always liked fall or winter. Spring seemed so boring. When I met Andrew I remember him being so excited about spring. I didn't really get it. Now I do. Now for me spring is so full of promise, rain, sun, green, yellow, blue.....



The smells.

Today, while going to check on our bluebird nestbox (I decided not to look inside because I saw a pair flitting away as I walked up) I smelled the most lovely smell. Usually, in the country, on a cattle ranch the smells are not "sweet" unless you equate them with money.



Anyway, I smelled the scent of clover blowing on the breeze. And it was sweet enough to make me cry. It's faint and tender. Sometimes I wonder if I really smell it. But I know I do because it's like something deep inside me is nourished. My mouth waters and I just want to fall down and feel the cool leaves on my arms and face. I want to be a child again and take a nap on the sweet green and white. (Drat those fire ants) I want to make clover flower necklaces and crowns. I want to come inside and eat knox blox when I'm done.



Baby Johnny is one year old tomorrow! He's the other part of this "Oh so sweet" post! Wouldn't it be cool if he walked tomorrow?! He might!

No comments: