Monday, September 22, 2008

Heed warnings.

Warning, this is a sad post.

Well, I was cruising down the superhighway that is the internet. I must admit I was going rather too fast. I actually can't find my way back there. I was following links and reading blogs about Catholic issues and political issues. I heedlessly clicked a link to a u-tube video about Obama. It was made to highlight his voting record and how he's pro infanticide. I disregarded the little words that said 'brief graphic content." Next thing I knew I was looking at an aborted baby. My body flushed hot then cold, I started shaking and tears welled up in my eyes. I almost threw up. I clicked the x button and started sobbing. I'm still a bit shaken up. I've been holding John rather tight since.
It struck me how much this baby looked like a baby lamb that has been abandoned and is too weak to do anything but lie there. Of course, it is sad when a lamb dies. It is small and helpless and most times its mother rejects it because something is wrong with it. This is something that we, at the ranch, have gotten used to to a certain degree. We don't kill the lambs, we try to save them, but often we can't. It's a fact of life here. Animals die and we see them. I wondered if these 'doctors' who do abortions have come to think of these dead babies as a "fact of life." I wonder if they even feel the twinge of sadness I feel when a lamb dies. I wonder if they even feel or think anything.

Please join me in prayer for that baby and all the others who have died at the hand of abortion - please pray for our leaders and all the people of this country: that they realize the true horror of abortion and move to stop it.
We pray to the Lord
Lord hear our prayer.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Your post gave me the chills. I will never forget seeing "The Silent Scream" in high school. It truly affected me. May God hear all of our prayers to end the atrocities that are perpetuated every day against our innocent babies.