Thursday, September 18, 2008

Philip is Three


Wow, three years since that horrible helicoptor ride to OKC and four days in the NICU. I had a horrible summer cold on top of giving birth. I think that was the worst time of my life. We were so worried and so stressed. But I remember feeling a lot of peace. I know God was with us. I can remember the actual moment I turned it all over to Him. I felt peace with whatever happened. Philip recovered from his PDA and TTN and all is fine now.

We had cake and spaghetti, I think. I bought him new cowboy boots a few weeks ago.
He's acting three. He's getting bossy and demanding. He's decided that it's my job to know where Boggy is at all times. I've unconsciously started keeping tabs on Boggy and can usually point to it or tell him where it is. I don't know where my keys or the remotes are but I know where that kid's blanket is. I've got my priorities straight, I guess.

Just a word about Philip. If you can't brag about your kid on their birthday when can you? He's an amazing little guy. He's very laid back and easy going most of the time. He also minds pretty well. He is affectionate and people like him. I've had people say to me, "There's something about Philip that makes me like him." He has a really sweet smile too. Since his birthday is in September he will be one of the oldest kids in his class. I'm betting he can read before he goes to school.

He is a bit of a Linus with is thumb and blanket. But, you know what, he NEEDS those things and I'm not going to take them away from him.
Our next big step is potty training. We're getting there.

No comments: